Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Movie Update

Sorry for the delay in posting this news, but with the busy time of year, I'm just getting to blogging about this. Last week, the Hollywood Reporter posted this article titled, "'Game of Thrones" Editor to Adapt Paramount's 'The False Prince.'"

The editor they speak of is Bryan Cogman, an executive story editor for HBO's Game of Thrones series. Bryan is a Juilliard-trained actor and very talented writer who has written two of the show's episodes and works on set throughout the filming. I could not be happier to have him working on the screenplay.

It's also thrilling just because Bryan has worked on Game of Thrones. The False Prince has often been called "A Game of Thrones for kids." Although the stories certainly have their differences, both series' are interwoven with court intrigue, spies, wars and rumors of war, lies, betrayal, and witty characters. Bryan Cogman is a perfect choice to bring that wonderful flavor into The False Prince screenplay.

Finally, it is the greatest of honors to have The False Prince associated with Paramount Pictures. My many thanks to producer Deborah Forte of Scholastic Media who has done so much for this book's journey to film.

But I do need to answer a few questions...

1. Is a movie for certain?

Until the popcorn is in your hand and you have your seat in the theater, nothing is certain. So this is a great step forward, but only one step. Keep your fingers crossed that it moves to the next!

2. Has the movie been cast?

No, but I would love to hear your suggestions for any cast members, if you have them. I do have a few of my own ideas, but I'm not revealing them yet!

3. Will you let me know when they're casting, so I can audition?

Sure! How cool would it be if that worked out? Would you still talk to me if you became famous?

4. What can I do to help?

Um, at this point, unless you are very good friends with any higher ups at Paramount, you can wait along with me, hoping for more news to come soon! But be patient - this is a long process and it takes time!

I will keep you updated when I know more!




4 comments:

Mara A. said...

That is exciting news! "The False Prince" would make a terrific movie - I hope the next steps keep lining up until it's official! :)

Rachelle Christensen said...

Awesome news! Can't wait to see it in film! Loved the book!

Anonymous said...

Jenn Even If I Became Famous, I Would Still Be Under The Rank To Meet You ;). I Wish I Could Try Out The Role For Imogen, But I Wouldn't Want To Destroy Your Book's Movie. So I Think I'll Stay As Extra. I Am So Happy About The Movie Idea That i Want To Tell All My Friends! But My Phone Is Being Mean, And My Friends Hate Reading =L, And The Ones Who Are Reading The Book TAKE TO LONG! (<-- That Goes To Show My Patience) I Only Have One Friend Who Is Into The Book (Cuz She Finished It), And Boy I Am Like A Overheating Machine Ready To Explode! Oh And Jenn I Like It When You Post Stuff, Its Fun Too Read Your Posting. (I Just Like Reading) Oh I Almost Forgot! COngratz :P

Anonymous said...

Where would the auditions be!?